Street Event Grant
The City's Street Event Grant assists not-for-profit organizations with costs to use City streets for annual and championship sport tourism race events that require significant policing and notification to the public.
- Financial assistance is only provided to not-for-profit organizations (incorporation or charitable status not required) and not individuals.
- Event will attract participants and/or other visitors from out-of-town resulting in an economic impact to Thunder Bay.
- Event is taking place on City streets and will require Extra Duty Police officers for traffic control.
- Event is a sporting competition or part of a training camp.
- Applicant organization is not in a deficit situation.
- Applicant organization is based locally.
The ability to meet eligibility criteria does not guarantee funding. Please consult the Special Events Developer to ensure your eligibility and make sure the requirements of the application have been met.
- Up to 50% of expenses related to hiring Extra Duty Police officers for traffic control of race route on City streets.
- Up to 100% of expenses to purchase advertisements and/or host public meetings required by the City to inform public of street closures.
Street Event Grant Application Form Adobe PDF, 3 pages, 528 KB
DEADLINES FOR FUNDING:
Application must be received no later than 60 days following the event.
Please read the Street Event Grant package carefully to determine your organization’s eligibility. The ability to meet eligibility criteria does not guarantee funding.
For more information or to ensure your group's eligibility for the City of Thunder Bay Street Event Grant contact:
City of Thunder Bay
Community Services Department
Tel: (807) 625-2305
Contact: Paul Burke